Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Want to change width of the center column

Old Jan 20, 2011, 04:20 PM
PixelGraphixDesign

23 posts · Feb 2010
I've almost got everything set on this site, but I can't get the center column to behave. I want to make it about 600px wide and get it so that the content does not hang off the sides of my background and I've tired just about everything I can think of. The widgets are 245px with a 5px padding on the left.

Site here: http://freehorsegifts.com/blog/

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 06:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
width of center column = width of page - width of sidebars
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:03 PM
PixelGraphixDesign

23 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks. Yes, I understand that and I actually entered a width in the "Style and Edit Center Column" area, but it did not have an effect on the width. Nor did have any effect when I tried entering a padding amount. I've used padding before to format that area with success. I don't quite know why it's not working on this site. Any other tricks I can try?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The width of the center is variable. You can set the width of your side bars, you can set the width of your page, but the width of the center area will always br the width of the page minus the width of the sidebars.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:29 PM
PixelGraphixDesign

23 posts · Feb 2010
So I can no longer add padding to the left to bump the content in a little bit? I know I've done that in the past.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 04:35 PM
PixelGraphixDesign

23 posts · Feb 2010
Okay, I figured it out. I just added padding to the post/page area. Thanks.