Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

loginout button in footer

Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:07 AM
Ilke

126 posts · Aug 2010
loginout button in footer

Hi, I have so far been very happy using the Atahualpa Theme, but I am now trying Montezuma for the first time. I especially like how it adjusts better to small screens, and again, I am amazed about the possibilities! So first of all, thanks so much for creating those great, costumizable themes!

I would like to have a loginout button in the footer, and I used this code

<?php*wp_loginout(*$redirect,*$echo*);*?>*and also tried
<?php wp_loginout();*?>

in the mo sub-templates footer.php, but that didn't work. It does, when I paste it in the editor > footer.php, but then it appears at the very end of the site. Any idea?

I have two other questions, but I'll post them as different threads.

Thanks!

Ilke
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
add a dymanic sidebar to the footer.php like
HTML Code:
<?php dynamic_sidebar( 'Footer stuff' ); ?>
add a text widget in
put the login/logout code in it
install the 'exec-php' plugin
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:29 AM
Ilke

126 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks, that worked somehow. But it now looks like a widget underneath the footer, the button is not included inside the footer (sorry, I've been spoiled by Atahualpa , so I prefer to use it in a widget.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
so now you get to experiment and play with it. Try putting th ewidget code in different areas of the footer. change some CSS for positioning

...and then when you get it to work, write it up and post it here so others can benefit from your research and work.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:59 AM
Ilke

126 posts · Aug 2010
Sounds fair. It might have to wait till next week though. I'm curious.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:39 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilke
now looks like a widget underneath the footer, the button is not included inside the footer
Like Jug says, you can use the css to position it. For example, if you wanted it to take up the right 1/4 of the footer you could use something like this in your footer subtemplate:

Code:
<div class="row">
    <div class="col9">
        [basic footer content]
    </div>
    <div class="col3">
        [logout sidebar widget]
    </div>
</div>
You can use this 12 based grid code anywhere (if you use percentage based widths, you can even nest them), long as your columns in any row add up to 12.

Have fun!

Last edited by jerryc; Jan 13, 2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:20 AM
Ilke

126 posts · Aug 2010
Wow, I love it, it worked wonderfully (after I had seen that a " was missing after the 9 in <div class="col9>).
Thanks a lot! I will try percentages, too, to make it even more perfect.
The CSS-ing got me to find out a lot of new insights, but I'm afraid I couldn't move the login around.
So I do appreciate your help a lot!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:56 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilke
Wow, I love it, it worked wonderfully (after I had seen that a " was missing after the 9 in <div class="col9>).
Good catch. I fixed that typo.

Quote:
I will try percentages, too, to make it even more perfect.
That's in: Dashboard> Appearance > Montezuma Options > CSS Settings > Choose CSS Grid. The 5 choices at the bottom of each column are all percentage based. The responsive ones give you a great look on any device, which is another fabulous feature of Montezuma.