Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Upgraded 3.4.9 to 3.5.3 and can't clear old theme settings

Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:27 PM
Tim F

66 posts · Jul 2009
Hey all,

I just upgraded from 3.4.9 to 3.5.3 and I can't get it to stop using the theme design options I had displayed with 3.4.9. I have tried the 'delete bfa_ata4' button, tried the 'reset all theme options' button, and tried importing a settings file from another site.

Is there anything else I can do to reset to the default theme, or a way to manually remove the previous theme options from my database?

I'm at WP version 3.01.

Cheers,
Tim
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try importing one of the other styles from the styles folder. The styles folder is part of the theme zip archive. If you unzip the atahualpa353.zip you will see a styles folder in there. Then try importing some of the other styles.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:06 PM
Tim F

66 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for the suggestion, I just gave it a try - nothing changed though.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
At this point what I would do is switch back to the 3.4.9 theme, delete the 3.5.3 folder via ftp or within Themes. Re-upload 3.5.3, switch to it, and see what happens. It's possible you had a corrupt install of 3.5.3.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:27 PM
Tim F

66 posts · Jul 2009
OK I have tried deleting 3.5.3, reverting back to 3.4.9, cleaning options while I was on 3.4.9, then installing 3.5.3. I did the same with 3.5.1 just in case. I still haven't been able to revert to the default theme options or upload any different settings files with either 3.5.1 or 3.5.3.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Have you tried this with all plugins deactivated? If you like you could PM me login info and I can take a look at the backend.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:51 PM
Tim F

66 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that but it would be good to know how to fix it myself it at all possible!
I tried deactivating all plugins and then deleting option 'bfa_ata4' from import/export as well as resetting the theme options again and uploading one of the default files, no joy. I went into my database through phpMyAdmin and all of the bfa_ata options still have the values from the old install, even though I have tried to reset them - so I guess that's the issue, for some reason the theme isn't over-writing those values.

Am I going to destroy my site if I manually delete all of the bfa_ata entries in the database? I might back up and try that if nothing else works.

Last edited by Tim F; Oct 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:14 PM
Tim F

66 posts · Jul 2009
OK now I am confused. I manually removed all of the bfa_ata entries from wp_options and reinstalled atahualpa. That cleared the theme options but I still can't import settings.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:25 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
What happens when you try and import? Does nothing happen or do you get an error message?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:44 AM
Tim F

66 posts · Jul 2009
Nothing happens at all - I did a bit of browsing here and saw the recommendation to just try that a few times but still had no luck. I vaguely remembered someone posting that this could be to do with redirects or the wordpress publish URL. I had this site set up as an addon domain but just moved it over to it's own c-panel account to see if that was anything to do with it, just waiting for the dns to resolve and I'll see if that made any difference..
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Tim, attach your settings and I try doing an import (use the paperclip icon)
Old Oct 13, 2010, 06:22 PM
Tim F

66 posts · Jul 2009
Cheers for the help guys, it's appreciated. I have attached the file but I have now been able to get it working properly. After I deleted the existing wordpress install, removed my addon domain, and reinstalled wordpress on it's own hosting account for that domain, I was able to import the file with no problems (I went back to 3.5.1 as that's the version I use a fair bit with no issues).
I guess brainstorming there either could have been some kind of issue with the redirects with it being an addon domain or possibly my host (hostgator) implemented some kind of caching or other script on my other hosting account that didn't affect my reseller account.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Nichetheme.txt (23.8 KB, 1823 views)