Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Validation issues

Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:26 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Not sure where to put this, since it has to do with Atahulapa's whole concept.

Over in the LinkedIn thread about web compliance for WP themes, somebody ran my site, http://larchmontgazette.com through the validator.w3.org compliance checker and came up with over 300 violations. Some of them might be because we have a lot of non-tech people posting to the site and messing up HTML, but several others stand out and make me wonder if there is some underlying problem with Atahualpa. This one keeps appearing:
Quote:
Line 986, Column 713: document type does not allow element "div" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

…m<br /><div class="event-content-break"></div>NY SENATE WESTCHESTER DELEGATION

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").
I'd appreciate Flynn or Juggledad or other folks taking a look at this. Is it a real problem? Is it something that will be addressed in a later theme version? Feel free to run the site through the filter yourself and see what happens.

The site works fine in all browsers I've looked at, although it breaks miserably in IE if I try to use CSS or JS external.