Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Image too small at 770 px for Atahualpa theme - any way to make it stretch to 100%?

Old Jul 5, 2009, 02:14 PM
houston777

1 posts · Jul 2009
Hello, I've just uploaded my image into the header and am pleased to say had no problems! But I would like my blog to be around 800 pxs wide and my image is 770 px, so when I look a the blog in a hi res setting my image looks too small!

Help! Is there anyway to have the image stretch across the screen no matter what size the browser window is?

Many thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 04:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is nothing built in to Atahualpa to streach the image. And stretching an image tends to distort it anyways so you probally wouldn't be happy. My advice is to use very short and really wide images. My site is 1440 by 200 so that is the size I crop images to.

Because there are different size screens, you want to be flexable with your image. I go fo rthe wide immage, but set it so when you size the screen smaller, only the right size gets cropped. And I make sure the important part of the image is on the left.

You have to take a different look at the world when trying to get images for your header, no close ups, a good exercise is to take our fore finger and thumb on each hand and seperate them by about 1/2 inch and have the fore fingers toughing and the thumbs touching. You should have a short wide 'frame' you can look at the word thru. Put it about a foot from your eyes and look at what you see. This will show you what might make a good picture.

Oh, yeah, if you know this already, just ignore me, but maybe someone else will find it useful.