Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Header image shows in firefox but not safari

Old Dec 13, 2009, 01:51 PM
OneofThese

2 posts · Dec 2009
Hello,

First post: I'm redesigning my webpage to follow a css template including header images and a consistent footer and have put an image in the header that shows up fine when i test the page in firefox but not in safari. i have read that you need to create space in the header so that the main content doesn't cover it up in safari. any advice?

thanks

dan
Old Dec 13, 2009, 03:37 PM
OneofThese

2 posts · Dec 2009
page is here: http://www.oneoftheserecords.com/indextest.html

and css is here

@charset "UTF-8";
body {
font:"Courier New", Courier, monospace;
font-weight: bold;
color: #000000;
font-size:16px;
background:#FFFF00;
margin: 0; /* it's good practice to zero the margin and padding of the body element to account for differing browser defaults */
padding: 0;
text-align:center; /* this centers the container in IE 5* browsers. The text is then set to the left aligned default in the #container selector */
}
.template #container {
width: 780px; /* using 20px less than a full 800px width allows for browser chrome and avoids a horizontal scroll bar */
margin: 0 auto; /* the auto margins (in conjunction with a width) center the page */
border: 1px solid #000000;
font-weight: bold;
color: #000000;
text-indent:50px;
text-align:justify; /* this overrides the text-align: center on the body element. */
}
.template #header {
width: 780px;
height: 250px;
background-image:url(ccsheader.jpg);
background-position:center;
}
.template #mainContent {
font-weight:bold;
padding: 0 20px; /* remember that padding is the space inside the div box and margin is the space outside the div box */
}
.template #footer {
text-align:left;
padding: 0 10px; /* this padding matches the left alignment of the elements in the divs that appear above it. */
background:#000000;
color:#FFFF00;
text-indent:0px;
font-weight:bold;
}
Old Dec 13, 2009, 05:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That page doesn't use the Atahualpa theme or WordPress. This forum is for users of the Atahualpa Theme. If You start using the theme and have an issue with the theme feel free to post a question.