Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Extra space between post HEADLINE Box and BODY Box

Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:52 AM
dougca

5 posts · Nov 2011
Hi,

I've been using this theme for a while now and managed to find answers to any problems I've had so far in this excellent forum. But I'm stuck with this problem. It's a very small formatting issue.

I am seeing a space of about 15px between the HEADLINE box and the BODY box on all posts on the Homepage and Multi Post Pages. There is no space issues with Single Post Pages.

All BYLINES are blank in EDIT POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS.

All boxes in Style POSTS & PAGES have margin:0; and padding:0;.

I have set background colors for POST Container (pink), HEADLINE box (red) and BODY box (green). The space is pink so it has something to do with POST Container.

I use Firebug but I can't see any reference to an extra space between <div class="post-headline"> and <div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">.

Any suggestions anyone?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 03:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Versions? URL
Old Nov 8, 2011, 04:07 AM
dougca

5 posts · Nov 2011
My apologies....

WordPress 3.2.1
Atahualpa 3.7.1

Last edited by dougca; Nov 8, 2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 04:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try this, go to ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Don't strip these tags and remove the '<p>'
Old Nov 8, 2011, 05:33 AM
dougca

5 posts · Nov 2011
I posted a new post before removing the <'p>' and the result is a space on both the Homepage and the Single Post Page.

I then posted a new post after removing the <'p>' and the result is a space on both the Homepage and the Single Post Page.

The other 4 posts came from a syndication feed using FeedWordPress but I don't see how that would cause this problem.

It does look like it has something to do with the '<p>' though because the post excerpt on the Homepage includes '<p>' but the post excerpt on the Single Post Page does not.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 07:13 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could just force it to have no space by putting a 0px margin on the p tag.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 07:35 AM
dougca

5 posts · Nov 2011
Added p { padding: 0px !important; margin: 0px !important; } to CSS Inserts and looks good.

Might investigate further but that will do the job for now.

Thank you lmilesw and juggledad...donation made.