Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Meta tags, SEO, link rel stuff all out of order

Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:40 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Perhaps it doesn't matter, and perhaps this has been answered already (I did a search but didn't find a thread on precisely this): in my header source code, some meta tags appear right up at the top, but others are way down almost at the end of the header section, separated by large areas of SEO code (I'm using All in One SEO Pack) and by very large areas of plugin JS and other plugin stuff. Aside from possibly adding to page-load time, isn't it better from an SEO standpoint to have all the meta tags together at the top?

I've added only two meta tags in the HTML inserts area:
Code:
<meta name="robots" content="follow, all" /> 
<meta name="distribution" content="global" />
, and these are at the very end of the header area right before the header closing code.

Is there any way to tidy up the header area?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the problem is that the theme puts <meta and then some pluging put their own <meta in, but other processing has happened in between, so unless someone could get wordress to cause all the plugins to display <meta.'s at the same time, I don't think there is a solution to this.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:52 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I figured it was something like that. Flynn should just volunteer to rewrite the Wordpress code in his spare time!