Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Please help me change the logo in 3.4.5 and the fonts

Old Feb 6, 2010, 06:11 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Okay, I'm not great at this but here it is: I have WP 2.9.1 and it does not have the option EDIT FILEs any more only EDITOR. EDITOR will take you to EDIT THEMES and the themes files (yours). Okay, so here I find all the .php files and in the bfa_header_config.php I see the logo code. I need to know exactly what to enter and where to enter it.

FYI: I have uploaded a new logo in the MEDIA area of WP 2.9.1 which according to my research is an appropriate method. (BTW for example code purposes the name of my logo is Tree3.gif).

Also if you can tell me about finding the proper font names that would be great-I think I can just change them on the theme options page if I know the correct way to enter them.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 02:54 AM
shedhed

52 posts · Mar 2009
Bramhall, UK
Hello,

To change the header image you should make sure you upload your images to the:-
/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3451/images/header/
folder.

You can select various options relating to the header image by going to Appearance - Atahualpa Theme Options - Header Image via the Wordpress dashboard.

Here's a link to the most common font names http://www.angelfire.com/al4/rcollins/style/fonts.html

Hope this helps.

Andy
Old Feb 7, 2010, 03:39 AM
kleinsasser.eu

16 posts · Jan 2010
Austria
Quote:
/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3451/images/header/
dont ignore this info in the atahualpa-config-site at "header"

Quote:
All header images are located in /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/. All images in that directory will be rotated. If you don't want rotating header images, leave only one image in that directory.
Your image-size should fit to the config in "Layout WIDTH and type (FLUID or FIXED)"
Old Feb 7, 2010, 05:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You don't need to edit any of the code. Upload your logo image to the atahualpa/images folder - this is the folder that already containg the files 'logo.gif' and 'hugelogo.gif'. Once you have uploaded it there, go to ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Logo Image? and enter the name of your image.

As long as you have %logo' as one of the options in 'Configure Header Area', you should now see your LOGO

as for fonts - use any font you want, just remember that the fone has to be on the vieer's computer to work. You can add several fonts, browsers look for the first one that is avaliable. The last should ALWAYS be a websafe font. Fot more information, do a google search on 'web safe fonts'.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 09:30 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Hi All,

The missing link for me was that"uploading the image to the atahualpa/images folder" was a complete mystery. The process was to find this file. I did see this: "All header images are located in /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/. All images in that directory will be rotated. If you don't want rotating header images, leave only one image in that directory." But again, ?. So I just copied this text (/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/) and pasted it in my browser–dork that I am. But hey, up pops a file and it help me understand the what, where and how of it all. From here I downloaded an FTP file manager and unloaded to this file from the FTP Manager. Okay done. Yippie! Thanks guys.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 04:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
just one thing to make clear. you were really talking about the HEADER IMAGES not the LOGO. Both the header images and the logo are part of the HEADER, but when you refer to LOGO that means one thing and it's options are set in one place, while the HEADER IMAGE refers to something else and it's settings are in a second place. It's important for everyone to get the terminology correct so we can all communicate effectively.