Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] CSS help needed for RSS feeds

Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:31 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
Smile [SOLVED] CSS help needed for RSS feeds

I just read a forum post where someone wanted to change the BFA RSS feeds widget to exclude some of the feeds. It was suggested that some of the features could be eliminated by adding CSS to the CSS/html field in Atahualpa.

I would like to use the BFA Widget but would like to get rid of the "Comments" feed. I would like to keep the email feed and rss feed. Could someone please, pretty please, show me the CSS coding necessary to exterminate the comments feed???

Assistance very much appreciated.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This is where Firebug comes in. I just looked at the comment section of the widget in Firebug and saw the selector was a class of comment-text. Thus the CSS you would use in CSS Inserts is.
HTML Code:
.comment-text {
    display: none;
}
Old Aug 26, 2011, 07:00 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
You guys are absolute Geniuses! I don't know what we would do without you. I've been using firefly for about a year now and I have to confess that I am a firefly ultra-novice. Much to learn.

Thanks very, very much.

Oh! Incidentally, that worked PERFECTLY!!