Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Setting Up New Site Using 3.46

Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:30 AM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of revamping an existing site that has been running Atahualpa 2.2.1. I am setting up a test site on another server to avoid downtime; I wish to use Atahualpa 3.46 on the new server. I will setup the new look (Atahualpa settings) on the new server and I wish to import the old database for the content. However, if I do this, I am afraid my new theme settings will be overwritten by the old Atahualpa settings. What is the best way to do this?

Thank you,

SupraTT
Old Apr 15, 2010, 04:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Think of the theme as having two parts (1) the code and (2) the options stored in th database
While I can't speak to 2.2.1 - I assume that the options were stored in the database there also

When you create the new site, add both the 2.2.1 version of the theme and the 3.4.6 version (name the folder atahualpa346 so it won't conflice and you can have the two versions in the wordpress theme picker). Then you should do an export of your current database (edit the sql to change the wp-options blog address to point to the new location) and import it into the new database.

At this point you should be able to activate the 221 version and it should look as is. Next you can switch to the 346 version and see how it looks.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 04:13 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Hi Juggledad,

Thank you for the response. Is there a way to remove the 2.2.1 BFA content from the database? I just want to start fresh with the 3.4.6 theme. I know there is a SQL command to just copy the BFA entries... is there a command to remove the BFA entries?

Thanky you,

SupraTT
Old Apr 15, 2010, 06:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
DELETE FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata_';