Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to: Dynamic. gener. Menue in any page center showing that level and "below" only

Old Jul 18, 2010, 02:50 PM
RuBeQK

26 posts · Jan 2010
Hello,
I would like to design a website that can have lots of content arranged into several categories, sub-categories, sub-sub-categories, sub-sub-sub-categories.... well, you get the picture. :-)

In order to make it easier to browse content, I would any page that has sub-pages to show a dynamically generated menue of its sub-pages (and optionally sub-sub-pages) right there in the center column.

This is just like the easy navigation of this BFA forum, where the home page shows a menu with links to categories and sub-categories, and landing on a certain category page shows a menue to it’s sub-pages, etc.

I have tinkered with Atahualpa, but could not find what I was looking for in this regard. I also looked for plugins/widgets that would do this – dynamically generate a menu on a given page that shows only the levels at and “below” that page (breadcrumbs show levels “above” a page).

Any help appreciated. I am hoping for a WP or plug-in type fix, not CSS code changes that have to be re-done with updates. (plus I don’t know CSS ;-)

THANKS!