Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] A few styling / config issues with a page menu

Old Sep 14, 2009, 09:42 PM
djaef

11 posts · Jul 2009
I'm trying to transfer my wife's static html/css site to a WP blog. I've made the static pages and tried to style the page menu, but have a few issues.

the blog site is here. The original static site is here

1. How do I remove the dotted line around the whole page menu. I can't find it in the layout options.
2. How do I change the link of blog to go to http://www.birthconnection.com.au/blog/? Without thinking too much about it, I just made a static page to get the menu link, but obviously that's not the right way.
3. How do I get the home link to link to the root of the site and not the blog subfolder?
4. How can I change the text colour on the dropdown menus?

Thanks for your assistance

Geoff
Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
1. How do I remove the dotted line around the whole page menu. I can't find it in the layout options.
check the styling in each area for dashed - for example ato->page menu bar ->Border around all menu items
Quote:
2. How do I change the link of blog to go to http://www.birthconnection.com.au/blog/? Without thinking too much about it, I just made a static page to get the menu link, but obviously that's not the right way.
3. How do I get the home link to link to the root of the site and not the blog subfolder?
take a look at the wordpress install directions, they explain how to do this
Quote:
4. How can I change the text colour on the dropdown menus?
ato->page menu bar or you can do a search on the forums and see how to change thinge with css
Old Sep 15, 2009, 06:47 PM
susanhare

9 posts · Sep 2009
I'm having the same problem with the dashed lines around the nav bar. They do not appear when the %pages default is used. They appear only when I change to %page-center

How can I make them go away?
cashdeal4house.com is the site

Thanks,
Sue
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:57 PM
djaef

11 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
check the styling in each area for dashed - for example ato->page menu bar ->Border around all menu items
I've got it set to solid there, but it's only one the %pages-center the doted lines show up, so it must be something to do with that.

Quote:
take a look at the wordpress install directions, they explain how to do this
OK, I found seom directinos, but it didn't work. Took the whole site down. I need to have some more time for that one obviously.[/quote]

Quote:
ato->page menu bar or you can do a search on the forums and see how to change thinge with css
web design is getting easier all the time, but it's never easy
Old Sep 17, 2009, 05:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you are using %bar1 or %bar2, make sure to check the styling for them. the default is 'dashed'
(ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA)
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:52 PM
CasTex

4 posts · Nov 2009
I think you can use "dotted" instead of dashed.