Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Enabling/disabling sidebar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 2, 2010, 04:19 PM
Certis

12 posts · Jul 2010
[SOLVED] Enabling/disabling sidebar

Basically, I need an option for my users to disable the sidebar, while looking at the posts. I can do that now, but that would disable it for everyone, I'd like to offer that feature to only those who need it.

Because some people, with low 4:3 resolution, will see my images (that are 800px wide) in the sidebar.

I tried installing two Atahualpa themes and a theme switcher. Then I edited one theme's settings that it would not show a sidebar in posts, but when I switched back, I noticed that those settings "carried over," which means it either showed the sidebar for both or for neither of them.

Is there any way I could solve this problem?

Alternatively, could I change the sidebar, so it would be up or down instead? And possibly, so I could only change that in one theme, so people could use that Atahualpa theme, which has the sidebar on the side.