Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header aligns left

Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:22 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Header aligns left

I've never encountered this problem since working with WP 3.0.1/A 3.5.3. If you go to www.capayorganic.com/indexwp.php (client doesn't want the WordPress index available yet as default), you'll see the dynamic header is aligned left with the second image in the sequence centered beneath it.

I've only used 3.5.3 for a few sites now, so I'm still learning some of the quirks. I never had this happen with 3.4.6, so is there a setting to center this? I have the following settings:

Layout width: 980px
Layout container padding: 5px
Header Image > Alignment: Top Center

If it makes a difference, the image size is 946x224. If I sent the layout width to match the image, then everything's fine.

What's strange is that when it first loads, you'll see the image is centered, then after a second it moves left. I saw a previous thread on something like this but it sounds like the guy didn't upgrade to 3.5.3 and forced a fix on a previous version.

Thoughts? Thanks for your input!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:28 PM
AussiAnni

24 posts · Sep 2010
Adelaide, Australia
I was wondering the same thing. I discovered this litle quirk just now as well
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You are probably using the fading images. The new jquery code that does the fading ignores the position of the original image and loads the first image to be fades (mostly the first image) at the left side of the header. If the header area is small enough, this isn't noticed, but if the page is made wider the problem can show up. This is a known problem that has been reported to the developer. You can shit off fading headers to advoide it.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:42 PM
Lonz

5 posts · Oct 2010
Hi I have version3.4.9 and put the fade script in and have the same problem as above. I would like to go back to the original version, could you please give me the script to enter in to get it back to normal as I have not got it anymore
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
download a copy of the theme to your computer, unzip it and upload the fresh copy of the file you changed
Old Dec 5, 2010, 01:39 PM
rhenium3

66 posts · Jul 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Send a message via AIM to rhenium3 Send a message via Skype™ to rhenium3
I am having a the same problem, header image aligns left though it is set as center.

www.swedishfreak.com

I stopped the scrolling for the image, could this have something to do with it?

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ckground+image

Thanks!