Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Using images in Next/Previous Navigation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 21, 2011, 11:07 PM
tnandrick

43 posts · Nov 2010
[SOLVED] Using images in Next/Previous Navigation

I would like to use images as links for the next/previous navigation at the bottom of posts. I understand that Atahualpa calls wp_link_pages() to generate the navigation links, and it doesn't look like that function accepts any arg's except string values from the documentation. I can insert an image into the navigation, and it shows up, but I don't understand how to make the image into a link. (Or how to make anything other than %link work, for that matter)

In the options, it says "You can use single and double quotes, and HTML". Can anyone show me an example of the syntax to use something other than %link? I'd be happy with just an "arrow" that functioned as the link if I can't use an image, rather than a text based link.

As of now, anything other than the default %link does not create a link at all, just plain text

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Atahualpa 3.5.3
WP 3.1.2
http://www.reformationcomic.com/archives/114

Last edited by tnandrick; May 21, 2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: found addt'l info in forums after posting