Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Category Page Broken WP ecommerce

Old Apr 25, 2011, 06:28 PM
brideoflinux

13 posts · Jan 2011
Category Page Broken WP ecommerce

I just upgraded to wp ecommerce version 3.8.1 and upgraded WP at the same time to 3.1.1 for a site that's still in the build stage but about to go live. Every thing seems to be fine, but... There's always that "but..." If you click on a product category, you get a page that's pretty much broken. No links. Text that should be part of a script displays, all fonts default size... If you click the "all products" page, everything works perfectly.

View a broken category page here: http://tea-sanctuary.com/products-page/bulk-herbs/

View a properly displaying page here: http://tea-sanctuary.com/products-page/

I've pretty well narrowed this down to a theme problem. Everything works fine using the Twenty Ten theme. This site is currently running Atahualpa 3.6.4 - but I had a similar problem running version 3.5.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is not enough information to try to help you. How did you build your products, how many products, categories, are all the fields in the products filled in, what values, are you using any extra options (if the plugin has any)

without having access to the site, there are too many variables to try to reproduce something like this. You said you had a similar problem in 3.5.1, well what did you do to fix it then?
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:47 PM
brideoflinux

13 posts · Jan 2011
It was the same site that had the problem in 3.5.1 after I upgraded wp ecommerce. Upgrading to 3.6.4 solved a related problem (sidebar not showing up on category page). If you follow the links I provided on the first post you can see what I mean and all of the other questions will be answered. As I said, everything displays fine if you look at a list of all products, but when you look at a category page, it's like much of the html is stripped from the source. (Again, all links and images are gone, etc...)
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:48 PM
brideoflinux

13 posts · Jan 2011
There are four categories and about seventeen products at this time. My client is adding more even as I try to get this fixed...
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Chech to see at ato->configure excerpts if you are showing foll posts or excerpts on the various pages. When showing excerpts, HTML is stripped unless you fill in the 'do not strip' option
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:43 PM
brideoflinux

13 posts · Jan 2011
Ah, we're getting started. Setting to full doesn't help (evidently wp ecommerce overwrites setting?), but the "do not strip" option works until I get to the AJAX to post to the shopping cart. Maybe I'm just not sure of WHAT to strip here?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 07:45 PM
misscabrina

3 posts · Feb 2011
Just wanted to chime in and say I've been having this same issue; if I add the widget for Prices (which lets you view items based on price ranges) all items in the selected price-range option populate in the main section of the page.
But if I use the product-category widget, I don't see everything; instead I just get a mumbled jumbled up display of only one product.
I'm not well versed in php and am not sure how to implement the php suggestion posed by another poster... in for a solution! hopefully..
Old Jun 11, 2011, 03:43 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Hi all,
Same problem here. I have read as much as I can until my head is spinning.

I have used these plugins before with no drama (getting grid view on category pages), but with Twenty Ten theme, not ATA.

ATA 3.4.9 | WP Version 3.0.5 | todays WP eCommerce Version 3.8.4 with Gold Cart Version 2.9.2 for Grid view

Grid view working perfectly on Products page.

It starts to fall apart with Right Sidebar not showing on any of the shop pages. I have Right sidebar turned on (posts and pages), but have excluded it from all existing "website pages" via ATO.

Sidebar shows on normal pages.

But as soon as you click any Category, it shows the items as "posts". I removed "Admin and date" etc (removed in ATO/Edit post/page info items) but its still showing the Read More and treating like a post, with no right sidebar.

Can someone please help me make the products not behave like posts, and explain how to get the right sidebar showing on all shop pages (when Ive only excluded it from select "pages", no shop pages).

I can provide login details if one of the mods is able to help?

Thanks heaps if you can,

Jill

Edit - Correction I have ATA 3.4.9

and update - Sidebars are working on the Page not Found page.

Edit - links removed

Last edited by Jam; Jun 12, 2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I took a look. Do you have the same issue if you switch to the TwentyTen theme? Have you considered adding Atahualpa 3.6.7 (with bug fixes) and switching to it to see if the problem remains? I have heard that WP e-commerce can be problematic in some situations. I realize that doesn't help much but the two thing above are what I would try first.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:48 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks Larry. I just switched to Twenty Ten theme, had a quick look then switched back.
While in Twenty Ten the standard meta tags showed in sidebar but none of the Shop widgets.
Ive been to the wp-ecommerce forum and done (I think everything) they recommend doing.
Moving theme files across etc, but nothing gets the shop sidebar widgets to show. And the product items are still treated like posts.

You can do the switcheroo to have a look if you like, I just did and switched it back quickly.

Would 3.6.7 break anything? I hate upgrades

Ive just put up a front page (index.html) to close it to public while you have a look in twenty ten if you want.

Last edited by Jam; Jun 12, 2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:04 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
In Twenty Ten now and all still not working so it has to be the WP-ecommerce plugin or Gold Cart. I disabled all plugins except those two, still not working as it should

If you've had a look I'll switch it al back.

Update for anyone contemplating this plugin WP e-Commerce 3.8x dont bother with it. I ended up uninstalling, and downgrading to 3.7.8 that was working fine on another site and now its working. Still an issue or two to sort but working. Had to load all products again, thankfully only 12.

Aaargh hate upgrades!

Last edited by Jam; Jun 12, 2011 at 09:20 AM.