Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

How to change language

Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:33 AM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
I'm using Ata 3.4.4. and WP 2.8.6

I've managed to switch my dashboard to my language by downloading the appropriate WP language file to wp-content/languages/ and by setting the language in wp-config.php, but I seem unable to switch the theme language.

I've downloaded and unzipped the .po and .mo files and uploaded them to
wp-content/themes/atahualpa/
Anything else I need to do besides that?

How can I tell if the translation has been successful? Some parts are obviously still in English. Yes, I know some parts must be edited via the theme options, but how can I be 100% sure that what is supposed to be translated really is? E.g. it still says "One comment" if the post has one comment. Shouldn't that have changed?

Last edited by jankph; Nov 14, 2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:14 AM
darwin8

12 posts · Jan 2010
Oahu, Hawaii
Send a message via Skype™ to darwin8
I have the same problem...have edited, activated, uploaded...with WPML plugin, it looks like everything is ready go on my site with Chinese language...but when I enter Chinese text, all I get is a load of ??????.

This means, according to a couple of posts, that UTF-8 (the Unicode technique for embedding fonts) is not working, although both WordPress and Atahualpa explicitly claim to support it.

What are we doing wrong? Can someone in the know respond to this post? It must be something simple, obvious -- and undocumented.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 02:02 PM
victorm

11 posts · Feb 2010
I had some sort of similar problem making a French localization of a website. Found the problem was with the MySQL DB set to Swedish instead of UTF8. Easy to fix, never had a problem since even with updates to 2.9.1.