Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Where are post-category names/links stored?

Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:41 PM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Just moved entire blog to a new domain. Everything working (I think), except: clicking on a category label in the left sidebar sometimes (not always) brings up the login screen for prior, passworded site. I've searched most of the code in both cPanel file manager and Atahualpa code editor for the strings OLDDOMAINNAME and THATCATEGORYNAME. Found neither. Where is this info stored, please? I want to correct the bad page data or link or whatever it is that was imported by mistake.

Thanks very much-

Ctenos
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Do you have the WordPress and Site address URLs set properly on the WP general settings?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:46 PM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for the suggestion. Just checked; both point to correct domain.

Since the effect seemed intermittent, is it possible that the bad data came from a cache someplace?

Only matters because it could lead to a security issue.

-Ctenos
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:55 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Or it could just be propagation. I would give it a day and see if it settles down.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 02:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try changing the permalinks to the default and then back to what you currently have. That can clear up something like depending on how the permalinks are set up. It will rewritethecode in the htaccess file
Old Aug 4, 2010, 07:39 AM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for the suggestions. I just waited one more day, and the old links disappeared.

If it happens again, I'll try what Juggledad suggests, to clear it faster.

-Ctenos