Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Creating custom template for page...

Old Apr 11, 2013, 01:08 AM
wskdigital

18 posts · Feb 2013
I'm trying to create a custom template for a page that shows posts from a single category only.

I've copied the index.php and renamed.

I've added the:

<?php
/*
Template Name: Randomness
*/
?>

at the top.

I've chosen that template on the page.

SO far I believe I've done everything right. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

So my question is: What code would I need to add to show posts from only one category under the content of this page?

Sorry, i'm just starting to learn php and css.

*Note: I don't expect freebie programing service. If it's a simple solution and you're willing to share with me, awesome. If you're sure you can help but don't want to spend the time for free, I'll pay what I can afford. Just let me know how much you want. Your help is highly appreciated. Thank You.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 02:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could use the existing 'multi column/custom query' template that is shipped with the theme.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 06:19 PM
wskdigital

18 posts · Feb 2013
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I figured it out.