Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

802 HTML Validation Errors

Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:50 PM
corneliusw

4 posts · Feb 2013
802 HTML Validation Errors

I know this doesn't have a effect on SEO and my page http://ps4on.com doesn't show any errors the human eye can see visually.

However, is there a way to fix these HTML validation errors? Is anyone else having the same ones I'm having?

I ran website auditor and it says "site has 802 errors and 212 warnings". 97 pages have errors or warnings. Only 1 page is valid.

There are 1805 errors and 5556 warnings for CSS Validation.

The theme looks nice, but that sounds terrible those numbers. Is there something I can do to fix all of those? And should I fix them?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:12 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
That's way too many. With MZ done correctly, you should get 0. Only plugins give some.

You probably don't really have that many, though. If you find the right one and fix it, your numbers might drop to just a few, or even none.

There's a direct input option on both the w3c html and css validators. Instead of checking the whole page, if you do it in meaningful chunks, it might be easier to isolate your key errors that are throwing everything else off.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) have you tried sutting off ALL plugins to see what effect it has
2) have you modified any of the theme virtual templates or CSS?
3) why do you care if it runs and it looks fine. Run the validator with apple.com or microsoft.com or google.com and look at the errors on them
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:47 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliusw
97 pages have errors or warnings. Only 1 page is valid.
That 1 page might be a good place to look. What's different about it from the others?