Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Gallery Plugin Not Respecting Ata's Sidebar Settings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:43 AM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
Gallery Plugin Not Respecting Ata's Sidebar Settings

I've tested a number of gallery plugins for suitability for newbie users. The best one so far is gallery-plugin, but I've hit a snag.

The plugin uses custom templates to set up a page to list all site galleries and another for the individual gallery pages. These template files do not use Ata's sidebar settings, but rather install some default sidebar items (Search Pages Archives Categories Meta). This makes for a mess with the wrong items plus the sidebar gets forced to the bottom of the page.

You can see the situation at http://www.birding4u.com/galleries/

The gallery template has only this in it to produce the sidebar: <?php get_sidebar(); ?>

I may just delete that line and have no sidebar on the gallery pages, but i would prefer to be able to have a sidebar and control its contents.

If I knew where those sidebar items (Search Pages Archives Categories Meta).were being specified I could change the code to what I want. Do you know, or have a different suggestion?

Lane