Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How do I enter Google Website Optimizer control/tracking tags

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:01 PM
dutchess

18 posts · Jan 2011
Exclamation [SOLVED] How do I enter Google Website Optimizer control/tracking tags

Hi, I have been trying to figure out how to get Google Website Optimizer working with Wordpress.

I am on WP ver. 3.0.4
I am on Ata. ver. 3.6.1

The instructions from google are:

Control and Tracking Script: Paste the following script immediately after the opening <head> tag of your test page's source code.

I think those directions are for static html pages. Because Wordpress is a dynamic CMS, what is the best way to insert the scripts? I need to find a way to insert the scripts directly after the opening <head> tag, but only on the page that I am testing, not globally.

I have searched through the Wordpress plugin's but have not found one that fits my need. (Google website optimizer for wordpress is a plugin that will put the scripts in the page, but it has not been updated in a while and puts the tags at the end of the header, right before </head> which is the wrong location)

I have been toying with the idea of putting in some conditional code in the header.php, so that it will only put the control/tracking code on the page I select, but I have zero experience with .php

Any help would be greatly appreciated.