Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Where is the Kicker and Byline?

Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:09 AM
beallmansion

1 posts · Mar 2009
Started using the Atahualpa theme on my blog. Fantastic job with the theme! I have some questions.

First I would like to use a byline in my blog but I cannot find the area where I can write it. Is there some code that I have to include?

Second, there is an area above my headline that only appears on the permanant link page. It is separated by a grey dashed line, and it forces my text down on the page. I would like to get rid of it, is this the kicker?

Here is the page of my blog if anyone would like to take a look. Any help would be appreciated.

http://beallmansion.com/blog_st_louis/wordpress/?p=7
Old Jun 15, 2009, 07:53 PM
Daveeyboy

2 posts · Jun 2009
Yes, can someone please explain where I can enter a byline?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 05:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Bt default, the theme does not display a byline or kicker, but you can display them by going to ATO -> Post/Page Info Items and filling in the info at the bottom of the page. You have the option of setting the displays different for different pages. You could set one type of byline for the HOME page, another for single post pages, a third for multi post pages, and another for your own pages (a 'page' page)

For examople, to add a simple byline to the home page, you would put something like 'By %author%, on %date('F jS, Y')%' in the 'BYLINE: Homepage' option field
Old Jun 16, 2009, 06:46 PM
Daveeyboy

2 posts · Jun 2009
Ah, thank you! I don't know why it didn't occur to me to SCROLL DOWN some more. Boy, I feel a little stupid now...