Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Widget Only Page

Old Mar 13, 2011, 02:46 PM
clc

9 posts · Mar 2011
Widget Only Page

I'm semi-new to WordPress so I hope this questions make sense.

Can you have an all-widget website? So there's no content area, just widgets in place of the content area?

Can I make my home page one theme with my other pages slightly altered?

Thank you,
Casey
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could use all the sidebars plue add new widget areas to the loop (See ATO>Add New Widget Areas) or you could use the Widgets on Pages plugin. There may be other creative solutions as well.

For the different look and feel you can get creative with CSS for specific pages if you used the Widgets on Pages plugin or you could style the widgets with conditionals.

There is now simple answer that I can think of for doing what you want. It is a matter of becoming familiar with WordPress, Atahualpa, CSS, and perhaps some PHP and getting creative.

Sorry... The above applies to Atahualpa and not Themeframe. I read the title but now what forum it was in.

Last edited by lmilesw; Mar 14, 2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: I thought this was an Atahualp question.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:18 PM
clc

9 posts · Mar 2011
Thank you for the quick response. I have a few other questions if you do not mind:

1. Do you or anyone else viewing this have experience with iThemes Builder? It's a similar tool and I was hoping to get a comparison. Keep in mind I actually already have Artisteer but I want to add at least 1 more tool.

2. Can you put a flash file as the header?

3. Can you customize the "Search" button? Or the "Category" folder-looking icon that I assume is used in the footer of each post. As in, can I import an image to be used as the "Search" button/"category" icon?

Thank you very much!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:55 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I own both Builder, Artisteer, and Genesis and only use Atahualpa and Themeframe. It's kind of hard to give a comparison between Builder and Themeframe as Builder is a theme or "theme framework" and Themeframe is a theme creation tool more along the lines of Artisteer but even that is not a good comparison.

You can customize just about anything in Themeframe. It is a more visual approach where you just drag items where you want them and then move sliders for height or width and use color pickers etc.

All I can say is that for me Themeframe works more like I think as compared to the other tools.