Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Adding Categories to Menu Bar

Old Oct 15, 2010, 04:14 PM
GreenEcoChick

11 posts · Oct 2010
[SOLVED] Adding Categories to Menu Bar

I've been researching this and I don't think I've seen it so I thought I'd ask. I'm also not that geeky (well, maybe a little) and only know basic HTML editing. I'm trying to make my site look as less of a blog site as possible.

I'm trying to add a list of resources to show up on my site using categories but I can't figure out how. I've found a site that has this EXACTLY how I'd like (I actually LOVE the entire site). Does anyone know how it can be done (in newbie terms)? This is THEIR site:

http://greenereverydayconsulting.com/category/resources

And here's MY site: http://thelivinggreensolution.com/

I also REALLY like their left page widget (how it changes from page to page, color, shape, etc.) but that'll be for another post.

Thank you!!!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you want to mix pages and categories in a menu, then you need to use the new menu feature of wordpress (dashboard->appearances->menus) and build the menu yourself.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:14 PM
GreenEcoChick

11 posts · Oct 2010
I've added them but they're not showing up:

Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you have '%cat' specified in the header option?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:00 PM
GreenEcoChick

11 posts · Oct 2010
I JUST figured it out I had %cats but there was some other formatting I had to do.