Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Links not displaying hover description

Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:56 PM
chrisp

18 posts · Aug 2009
Hello,

I installed this theme about two weeks ago and I am trying to figure it all out. Not a php or WP guru so its been a little difficult for me.

I'm starting to add links to the category menu. I added a new link and filled-in its description through the Admin panel.

I also went to the Atahualpa Options and set Title Tags in Category to Yes. When I view the page it has the description next to the link instead of being there only when hovered on? I tried it several ways and no luck.

The category option page did not work for me either as I tried to exclude a category from the menu. I did submit another thread on that issue but haven't gotten any feedback.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2009, 09:43 AM
chrisp

18 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp
Hello,

I installed this theme about two weeks ago and I am trying to figure it all out. Not a php or WP guru so its been a little difficult for me.

I'm starting to add links to the category menu. I added a new link and filled-in its description through the Admin panel.

I also went to the Atahualpa Options and set Title Tags in Category to Yes. When I view the page it has the description next to the link instead of being there only when hovered on? I tried it several ways and no luck.

The category option page did not work for me either as I tried to exclude a category from the menu. I did submit another thread on that issue but haven't gotten any feedback.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks!
Please help, I have still not worked past the above issue and cannot find any threads on the subject. Since, I posted the above thread I did upgrade from 3.4.1 to 3.4.2 but has nothing changed?
Old Aug 23, 2009, 01:16 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The category description is supposed to be like that, it's displayed statically when chosen, not on hover

Re: excluding cats, are you sure you put the right category ID into the appropriate field? Also make sure you you aren't seeing a page cached by the browser or Wordpress (WP Super cache, WP Cache 2)
Old Aug 25, 2009, 02:45 PM
chrisp

18 posts · Aug 2009
Hi Flynn,

Thanks for the response. It will do it statically if there is a description, but it also adds the decription text next to the link?

Here is a link to the website to view my issue www.sustainapet.com. The Animal Law link is showing its description named "test".

I have tried to remove certain category ids from ATO and it won't work. Posted a thread for that but they closed it out and not sure I understand the answer. Can, or can you not remove categories through the ATO?

Thanks again.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:17 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That's the link widget, also called blogroll, and has nothing to do with categories. Also, what you have in the sidebars are widgets, and those are controlled through the options inside the widget, not through ATO
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:15 AM
chrisp

18 posts · Aug 2009
Flynn,

Thanks for the help! Wasn't even close to thinking that it was controlled in the widget. Thanks again!