Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Image posts not size contained on theme switch from 2010 to Ata

Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:08 AM
internetquest

15 posts · Nov 2010
Mooresville, Indiana USA
Hello --

When I switched themes from 2010 to Ata on http://woodsrat.com, all my image posts show full size images. When I had 2010, I had all image posts nicely contained to 640px width with click-ability to full size. I figured Ata would save these settings. Go to http://woodsrat.com/category/advrider-2010-hnf-feeds/ to see the mess in its' full glory. Any suggestions? Thanks.

David Owen
Mooresville, Indiana USA

Last edited by internetquest; Nov 16, 2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:53 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
How did you limit the image sizes when you used TwentyTen? They look to be full sized iimages in the post.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:08 AM
internetquest

15 posts · Nov 2010
Mooresville, Indiana USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
How did you limit the image sizes when you used TwentyTen? They look to be full sized iimages in the post.
Larry -- Thanks for the reply. The flash uploader in Ata doesn't give me the 640px width range upload option. See attachment. That's a new problem, but that doesn't really solve the problem of the switchover from 2010 to Ata changing the old code en masse.

Also, pardon my newbieness, but how do I make it a membership site?

Thanks again.

David Owen
Mooresville, Indiana USA
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:15 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The flash uploader is a WordPress thing and not related to Ata. If you switch back to TwentyTen does the problem go away? I don't see how activating Atahualpa would have changed code on the posts.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:28 AM
internetquest

15 posts · Nov 2010
Mooresville, Indiana USA
Larry --

I just tested it in a 2010 site and it works perfectly, and tested it in a Ata site and it screws up. Using the same Flash uploader, using the same 800px wide radio button option, even sat in my computer chair the same way.

http://louisowen.net/test-post-for-image-test/

http://woodsrat.com/test-post-for-images/

Dave
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:40 AM
internetquest

15 posts · Nov 2010
Mooresville, Indiana USA
Larry --

I might have just found the solution by testing. If the center column is set to 640, the Flash uploader gives the option of 640, but if it's set to 660, the Flash uploader doesn't give a 640 option (nor a 660px wide option). Looks like it all turns buggy if the center column is close to 640px wide but not 640px wide.

Dave
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:01 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Are you talking about layout width as in ATO>Style & configure Layout? I have never seen the width setting in Atahualpa affect image uploads. Do you have an image plugins installed? Also what version of WordPress and Atahualpa are you using?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:16 AM
internetquest

15 posts · Nov 2010
Mooresville, Indiana USA
Larry -- My assumption about the column width (in ATO settings) is all wet. The uploader just plain acts differently on different sites and even among the same theme on different sites. The themes are all a couple weeks old, all latest version. I don't know why they all act differently and give different outcomes. I guess I'll just manually change the code (or verify the code) to be 640px wide pointing to a full size image. Seems totally retarded to have to do that.

Dave
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:03 AM
internetquest

15 posts · Nov 2010
Mooresville, Indiana USA
I guess I just needed to learn how to use the flash uploader. If I just click the right options in the flash uploader I get what I need. Sorry for the wasted thread.

Dave
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:52 AM
internetquest

15 posts · Nov 2010
Mooresville, Indiana USA
It looks like to me that 2010 auto resizes pics to fit the column even though the code says it's bigger. Ata does not. Ata just displays whatever the code width says. That's what screwed me up ... 2010 doing that strange autosizing, then me switching all the code over to Ata. I wonder what the 2010 designers do to make it auto resize? I would have been better off without that feature.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:13 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It looks like I left you alone just long enough for you to figure out your own problem. Can this thread be marked as "solved"?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:53 AM
internetquest

15 posts · Nov 2010
Mooresville, Indiana USA
Larry -- Yes that's solved. Another reason to run as fast as you can away from all themes not designed by Flynn.