Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Sort & Filter Plugins

Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:25 AM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Lightbulb Sort & Filter Plugins

Ok, up front, this is not a problem caused by Atahualpa, as I have tested with another theme and get the same result, however if it can be solved I'm sure people will benefit from two great plugins particularly suited to Wordpress as a CMS with posts assigned to multiple categories.

Firstly:
WP-Smart-Sort: Works beautifully on posts displaying as a result of choosing:
- a Category (eg Country) or
- a Tag (eg Town).
Does not work with posts displayed from:
a) the Search Widget results, or
b) a Dropdown of terms from a Custom Taxonomy (eg Hotels). It lists every post in the blog instead.

Secondly:
Multiple Category Selection Widget:
Works beautifully to apply multiple filters to posts which are assigned more than one category (eg country=india AND duration=5-10days).
Does not work when WP-Smart-Sort is installed. It will display the following error message:
=============
Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/../public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smart-sort/wp-smart-sort.php on line 136
=============
Line 136 is trying to determine if the $URL variable has a trailing "/". When I comment out line 136 in wp-smart-sort, another error at line 912 occurs (at the end of the file).

I am using Atahualpa 3.4.4, WP 2.8.4 & the latest of the above 2 plugins on (travelHorizonstyle.com.au). I would really appreciate if anyone can shed any light so I can dig deeper and solve the above 3 problems.

Last edited by joan; Oct 15, 2009 at 06:34 PM.