Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Post heading on Multiple seems <h2> whereas single post has <h1>

Old Oct 7, 2009, 05:41 AM
kostermw

23 posts · Oct 2009
May well be that I am mistaken, but if if I have multiple posts on a page, the post headings are tagged <h2> (and it are links of course) but if I look at the single post page it is <h1>.

Probably by design, but I want it to be the same size and style in both situations.

So how can I change this, or (as an alternative) ho do I change the style of <h1> (or <h2>)
Old Oct 7, 2009, 07:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What do you have set at ATO->Configure SEO->Use Bytes For All SEO options? and ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 09:52 AM
kostermw

23 posts · Oct 2009
Quote:
What do you have set at ATO->Configure SEO->Use Bytes For All SEO options?
The Default Value, which is No
Quote:
and ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1?
It was Yes (default) and I have now switched it to No, but it makes no difference. Single Posts are still <H1>
Old Oct 8, 2009, 03:54 AM
kostermw

23 posts · Oct 2009
And after activationg SEO, by setting the bytes to YES, it are still <h1> headings ...
Old Oct 8, 2009, 05:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I believe this is being done for SEO
On a single post/page, the 'post/page title' is set to H1 for more importance in SEO,
on a multi post page, where there are many 'post/page title's, the 'blogtitle' is set to H1 and the 'blogtitle' are set to h2
Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:37 AM
kostermw

23 posts · Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I believe this is being done for SEO
On a single post/page, the 'post/page title' is set to H1 for more importance in SEO,
on a multi post page, where there are many 'post/page title's, the 'blogtitle' is set to H1 and the 'blogtitle' are set to h2
Now ... what do you mean ..? Was it supposed to work as intended or not?

If there is an option not to show them as <h1> on a single post page then they should not show up as <h1> should they?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
in Atahualpa 3.4.4 is you set ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1? to 'NO' the post titles show up as H2 on single or multi-post pages
Old Oct 9, 2009, 04:50 PM
kostermw

23 posts · Oct 2009
Sorry but I do not notice the expected behavior.
A single post is always <H1> regardless the values you point me at.
As a last resort I tried all 4 combinations (yes, silly I know) ;

SEO on / Make H1 on
SEO on / Make H1 off
SEO off / Make H1 on
SEO off / Make H1 off

Its all the same result.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 01:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you have any SEO plugins?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 04:57 AM
kostermw

23 posts · Oct 2009
No I have no SEO plugins in use.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what is your url?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:23 AM
kostermw

23 posts · Oct 2009
http://www.elefantin.nl
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Some thing is odd and I need to see what is in the options. Please download the attached zip file and unzip it. inside the folder you will find a'dump.php' please upload it to your atahualpa folder and then create a new page (in the wordpress dashboard) called DUMP using the dump.php template.

Next view the site and select the 'dump' page. It will dump your Atahualpa options. Copy everything from 'the following is a dump of the array bfa_ata' to 'end of dump' and paste it here or send it to me as a PM.

Now delete the page or unpublish it so it won't be seen by the general public.
dump.zip
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:40 PM
kostermw

23 posts · Oct 2009
That's a neat way to collect info! Here's the dump;
Attached Files
File Type: txt elefantin_dump.txt (15.3 KB, 1740 views)
Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
(BTW, I love those Fairytale sculptures - that caused me to get 'distracted for at lease 20 minutes)

Ok, found it. If you go to ATO->Configure SEO the first option 'Use Bytes For All SEO options?' says if it is set to 'NO' the rest of the options are obsolete, except the last one, I think that should be the last TWO.

If the option 'Make Post/Page Titles H1?' is set to 'NO' then
Multi-post page - Page title = H1 - post Title = H2
Single-post page - Page title = H1 - post Title = H2

If the option 'Make Post/Page Titles H1?' is set to 'YES' then
Multi-post page - Page title = H1 - post Title = H2
Single-post page - Page title = H2 - post Title = H1
Old Oct 18, 2009, 08:38 AM
kostermw

23 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks for your compliment about the pictures.

As you can see from the dump, I had the option 'Make Post/Page Titles H1?' set to NO.
Also 'Use Bytes For All SEO options? was set to YES, which would make it work.

I don't no why, I have not realy changed anything now ... only tried other combinations and set them back again. They now seem to bee <H2> though ... beats me ...

Last edited by kostermw; Oct 18, 2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: noticed a sudden change in actual behaviour