Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

How to add custom PHP to each comment?

Old Mar 10, 2014, 09:38 PM
mmlac

2 posts · Jun 2013
I tried to create a subtemplate-comments-comment.php in /wp-content/themes/montezuma but the content was not picked up. Also I cannot see how the rendering is called, the comments.php seems not to render the comments, just the use-cases when there is a password protection / no comments.

I need to add a custom php function below each comment, how can I do this?

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2014, 02:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I would add a dynamic widget to the MTO->Sub Template->comment.php->One Comment in Comment List option and then install teh 'exec php' plugin, add a text widget to your new widget area and then put your php in it.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:35 AM
mmlac

2 posts · Jun 2013
Is there a way to actually replace the subcomment template with a file? I don't want to use the widgets hack and prefer the real files over the virtual template anyway. (which leads me back to wondering what file contains the call to the comment rendering itself)
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you don't want to use the virtual templates you are losing the big feature of the theme - with the virtual templates, during the next update you don't have to make the changes again. If you change a physical template and update it, you lose your changes.