Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Why do children items have parents hover color.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 27, 2010, 04:37 PM
FlippinSweet

5 posts · Jun 2010
[SOLVED] Why do children items have parents hover color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grum
It's in the page menu bar at the top - when you mouse over the two items that have sub-menus and run down the list, you get white space appearing to the right of some of the menu items.

**update - I just managed to solve this by increasing the width of the width of the sub menus from 11 to 14.
I agree, changing the width of the submenus (and of course replacing the bfa_hor_pages.php code provided by Juggledad) fixes this issue in Firefox but MSIE 8 still has an issue.

To Test: Using MSIE 8 try clicking on the main tab of a menu item with subcategories so that the main tab is selected. Wait for the page to refresh. Now mouse over that same menu item tab. All of the items in the submenu have changed to the mouseover color and even the mouseover color doesn't extend all the way to the right of the submenu, leaving a gap. This time the gap is not white but is the original non-moused-over submenu color.

If you mouseover the actual subitems it seems it works correctly and extends the mouseover color properly, it is just that the subitems are already the mouseover color!

SUMMARY: The animated menus seem to work fine in MSIE 8 as long as you are not mousing over submenu items in a selected tab.

I'm disappointed that MSIE isn't supported better (no rounding, the outer main box gray shading is missing, etc...) I know the general reasons why this is the case, but nonetheless it can't be disputed that MSIE more than triples Firefox in visitor hits (I have my own stats to prove it).

But in any case, this is a great theme and I hope to be able to solve some of these issues and make it work!