Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Styling Drop Down Menu

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 16, 2010, 03:06 PM
gold fox

10 posts · Feb 2010
Styling Drop Down Menu

Hello,

I have a site here that I have been hacking away at, and have a problem I just can't solve.

http://sacredtheatre.org/wordpress/

The drop down menu items are retaining the dividers from the main menu, and I don't want them to. If I add "background: none" into the CSS under the div#menu1 ul.rMenu li ul tag it turns off even the orange background which I want!

It is also not reading the border bottom in the submenu.

my CSS so far:
div#menu1 {
height: 26px;
background: #F39D63;
padding-top: 5px;
padding-left: 40px;
font-weight: bold !important;
text-shadow: #666 2px 2px 1px;
}

ul.rMenu li {
padding: 2px 12px;
margin-left: -6px;
background: transparent url(/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/menu-divider.jpg) -3px 3px no-repeat !important;
}

ul.rMenu li:first-child {
background: transparent !important;
}

/*---drop down arrows---*/
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a {
background-image: none;
padding-right: 0px !important;
}
div#menu2 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a {
background-image: none;
padding-right: 0px !important;