Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Need help changing the Logo Area background image per-page

Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:41 AM
brisck1

15 posts · Jun 2011
Hi,

So i've been trying to figure out a way to change the background image I have in my logo area on a per-page basis, and have thus far been trying to adapt a method I found for changing the header image per page here, but I just cant seem to get it to work.

I'm wondering if this is actually possible with atahualpa, and if so, what's the best method to do it?

Thanks,
Rob

My Website
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:08 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That solution should work in your case a background plugin like this or this may work. You just need to set all your elements to transparent.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
or could you use header images instead of the logo...
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:50 AM
brisck1

15 posts · Jun 2011
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried the WP-Backgrounds Lite plugin but I cant figure out how to specifically get it to change the Logo Area's background and not the background outside of the site:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	problem.jpg
Views:	1190
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1994  
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:57 AM
brisck1

15 posts · Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
or could you use header images instead of the logo...
There a bit of a convoluted reason why I had to use the logo area instead which was partly because I wanted the search box positioned where it is now along with the post and feed icons, all of which are contained with the logo area. Then I also wanted the main background to have a different tilling image (the pinstripe pattern) to frame the site. It's a bit hacky I know, but im not sure how else to get around it
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look at this post: HOWTO: float the search box and RSS icons over the header image. and see if it helps
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:55 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To use the background image plugin you would need to set all the theme areas as transparent.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:29 AM
brisck1

15 posts · Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
take a look at this post: HOWTO: float the search box and RSS icons over the header image. and see if it helps
Thanks! With that solution I was able to use the header image and still retain a search bar!