Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Change the line length / length of sentences in posts and pages

Old Sep 30, 2009, 06:34 AM
leifkendall

4 posts · Sep 2009
Hi all,

Loving Atahualpa but want to change the length of sentences (to make them easier to read).

Because the pages are quite wide, sentences end up stretched quite a long way.

Is there an easy way to shorten the line length / length of sentences?

The site involved is: http://write-club.net/

All ideas /suggestions gratefully received!

Leif
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:10 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
The container/page doesn't have to be so wide. I have mine set to 990px. See Appearance/Atahualpa Theme Options/Overall Style/Style and configure layout. You could also do a percentage. 80% would give you much shorter lines and is more pleasing to the eye. Of course, you can make your sidebars wider too.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:46 AM
leifkendall

4 posts · Sep 2009
Fantastic! That looks so much better. I hadn't realised but the site was just too wide!

Thanks.