Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] After upgrading to 3.5.1 Custom Fields data problem

Old Feb 13, 2010, 04:43 PM
star_echo

12 posts · Nov 2009
The Atahualpa Page Options gives me the option to check a box if I don't want the Page Title to show on single or multi-pages. This has always worked perfectly before the upgrade.

The Custom Fields section (right under APO) used to only show custom fields I had put in there... now there are all the bfa_ata custom fields... ie, there is a bfa_ata_body_title with the Title of the page already filled in.

Any changes made to these followed by clicking the update button seem like they "take" until you save the page and then they reappear as if you'd done nothing. Same if you delete the field. It's gone until you save the page and then it reappears.

The major problem with all this is that even if I check the do NOT show on single pages or posts box, the custom option field - bfa_display_body_title says "on" and so the title shows up on the page no matter what. Changing it to "off" or deleting it have no effect upon saving the page.

I'm attaching a screen shot to show what I mean.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using WP 2.9.1 and Atahualpa 3.5.1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	custom-fields.JPG
Views:	1178
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	393  
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:41 PM
star_echo

12 posts · Nov 2009
Ok, I'm officially an idiot... it wasn't anything to do with Atahualpa at all. It was the WP Blogroll Links plugin that I was not using correctly. Apparently by default it puts the category name at the top of the link list and since I was making a page of each category the category name matched the page title.

Once I figured that out, problem solved. Just added the tag or code for no title and wow! no title.

So moral of the story people, is to check your plugins, especially those that might have anything to do with the problem you're encountering. Also check more than a few pages for the supposed "error" . In my case, I apparently ended up checking the pages that were affected and "assumed" the rest were affected as well.

So sorry for bringing this up!