Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to have different table/list content for each page.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:58 AM
JimTrail

59 posts · Sep 2010
Knoxville, Tennessee
How to have different table/list content for each page.

Hello Bytes For All,

Question. What's the best way to make a product pricing grid where each page has a different product and there are hundreds of products?

The small company I work for is starting a new web site. I have been delegated the responsibility to build the new web site.

We sell business checks and forms. There will be one product page dedicated for each check and form product.

I am trying to figure out the best way to have a pricing grid for each check and form product.

Below are two competitors of ours. They have product pricing grids on their pages. The 5 Forms web site uses an image (I don't want to do that). The Smart Resolutions web site uses list tags for his grid.

5 Forms (this one uses an image for his grid)

Smart Resolution (this one uses list tags for his grid)

What I want to do is have a text file for the pricing for each product. I want to give the each text file a name like business_check_DLT104.txt There would be a folder with all of the text files. Whenever there is a price change all I have got to do is update the pricing in the text file for that product.

I am familiar with the PHP scripting language. I am wondering if what I have described above would work best with a WordPress Plugin?
http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_a_Plugin

Before I go to all the pain of learning how to make a Plugin I want to get some input maybe and ponder on it a while.

Is there any other approach I might consider other than a WordPress Plugin?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

JT

Last edited by lmilesw; Feb 20, 2013 at 09:03 AM.