Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Post Sorting Old(Top) to New(Bottom)

Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:06 AM
Walt

20 posts · Sep 2009
Okay, I'm feeling really dumb right now. I can't figure out why posts are sorting from OLD to NEW.

Is this a option in Atahaulpa or in WordPress?

Thanks in Advance.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 06:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
neithor - a plugin perhaps?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:03 PM
Walt

20 posts · Sep 2009
I figured it out. I'm surprised someone else hasn't asked or answered this question.

v 3.4.2

Open the theme Index.php

Find (Line 14ish)
<?php query_posts($query_string . '&orderby=date&order=ASC'); ?>

change to;

<?php query_posts($query_string . '&orderby=date&order=desc'); ?>

Save it! Your new posts show be at the top of the page and older posts at the bottom.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ummm that code is not in index.php in Atahualpa 3.4.2
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:29 PM
Walt

20 posts · Sep 2009
@Juggledad - You're right, I must have been on the crack! I think I added the code awhile ago, with that said.

To change your posts to Ascending to Descending order

v 3.4.2

Open the theme Index.php

Insert code around line 14ish... (I'm not a coder so this may not be the best place)

<?php query_posts($query_string . '&orderby=date&order=ASC'); ?>

Save it! Your OLD posts should be at the top of the page and newer posts at the bottom.