Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How do I add line spaces in the recent posts widget?

Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:49 AM
Lance000

4 posts · Oct 2009
HI,

Please look at my site at www.lancesview.com. I'm using the Atahualpa theme.
On the right sidebar I have a standard text widget for Recent Posts that I took from Wordpress default widgets.
How do I space out the links to the recent posts in the widget so that there is a clear separation between all of them. Right now they seem to run together.

Thanks

Lance
Old Oct 12, 2009, 02:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well if you used a text widget and built it yourself, you could ad a <br> between or use CSS and increase the line height
Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:30 AM
Lance000

4 posts · Oct 2009
Hi,

I don't understand. I did not build it myself - how does your suggestion help me?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:31 AM
Lance000

4 posts · Oct 2009
Or maybe I should be asking how I can build it myself? I'm a beginner at this and don't know how to write code.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
On the right sidebar I have a standard text widget for Recent Posts
well, did you use the TEXT widget or something else

You WILL need to learn some CSS in order to tweek the settings and it would be helpful if you knew some HTML. That way, you can look at the SOURCE of the generated page to see how to tweek the CSS

Have you gone thru the Getting Started with WordPress? It's the place you should start
Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:50 PM
Lance000

4 posts · Oct 2009
Yes - I read some of it and I know a little. But I need someone to give me step by step directions.

Is there anybody out there who can give me step by step directions. Someone else tried to give me some help on the wordpress site but his suggestions didn't work - probably because of the theme I'm using.

Thanks