Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to divide page into two columns, for text and images?

Old Mar 7, 2012, 08:04 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
How to divide page into two columns, for text and images?

Hi

I'd like to arrange text and images on a page in two columns, with text on the left and images on the right, with no spill over between them. Is there any way I can achieve this with Atahualpa please?

Thanks!

Kit
Old Mar 7, 2012, 08:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That has nothing to do with the theme. You would either use divs and CSS or a table or one of the plugins that give you a column shortcode.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 07:06 AM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Ah, I see. Thanks! May I ask a follow-up please? Supposing I use columns to separate text and images, is there a way to dynamically resize images within their column, so they don't break the frame? Is this something I can do within Atahualpa?

Thanks again.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 09:29 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Have you tried setting % width to the images?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 03:25 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Sorry to be dumb, but how do I do that, please? Do I use an html command when inserting each image, or is it a global setting somewhere?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 06:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The way I do that is click on the image in the visual editor, click on advanced, set the width to 100% (or 90% or whatever), leave the height blank and click update. Here is a screencast of the process. The picture is already in a column and the height you see was generated by WordPress so again leave the height blank when you update the image. I used 90% because 100% gave me a bit too wide an image.