Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Adding a section (or widget) between center column and footer

Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:27 PM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ssoszka
Hello All,

I am trying to add a section between the center section and the footer section on my site. Can this be done using a widget or should I create a new #div?

My ultimate goal is to add two elements to this new area, the first is a "call to action" statement than spans the width of the layout (964 px). The second is three box graphics placed horizontally across the full width of the layout with patient testimonials, my mini-bio, and my clinic address respectively in these these boxes. I want this new section to appear on most, but not all of my pages.

I have the "call to action" statement in my footer, but I plan of adding more elements to the footer so I'm concerned it might get too crowded.

So, any idea on how I can add a new section to ATO? Again this will be between the center column and the footer.

Thanks,
Shawn.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:09 PM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ssoszka
Ok thanks. A question however about being able to format the individual added widget areas. I want these areas to have a completely different appearance from the other widget areas. I assume I can use HTML & CSS as needed... BUT can I actually adjust the appearance of the background itself? I plan on simply making the widget area (not the widgets themselves) a background color of white, but where do I insert this code?

I've read the instructions on the "add a new widget area" page and there is some information that needs some additional clarification.