Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to display child pages instead of parent page in menu bar

Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:22 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
How to display child pages instead of parent page in menu bar

Hi,

For some reason, in my site only the menu 'Afzonderlijke werken' (my site is in Dutch) is displayed in full; the other category menu's display only the parent page, which is already a duplicate of the menu title (displayed in black capitals).

I am not sure why this is, but I would like to have the child pages immediately under the parent page to be displayed. I hope I am making myself clear. Please let me give an example:

The menu item 'KRITIEKEN' has the link 'Kritieken' below it (which is an unnecessary repetition of the title). If you click on it, 8 child pages appear in the menu. Those are the ones I would like to have displayed from the outset, i.e. when visitors land on my site. How can I arrange for that?

Thank you very much for your response!

Kindly,

Rutger
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You must be using a widget since this is the sidebar. Which widget are you using and what dettings are you using (if any) in the widget?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:43 PM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Hi Juggledad,

Thanks for your response!
I am using the 'Hierarchical Pages' widget; please see the image below for the 'Kritieken' widget with the settings.

Thanks for your help!

Kindly,

Rutger
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You need to talk to the author of that plugin, it is not part of the theme at all.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
I was afraid you would say that...
Is there any way in Atahualpa to accomplish what I'm looking for, i.e. to have menus that I can compose of pages of my own choosing, instead of being bound by page hierarchies? I now sometimes even find myself duplicating an entire page because I want it to show up in 2 different menus.
Thanks again, Juggledad!
Kindly,
Rutger
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You could always create custom menu's and then use the custom menu widget (this is all Wordpress stuff) and then you could add multiple copies to the sidebar and use the plugin 'widget logic' to control what menu to display when.