Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

333 Upgrade Question

Old May 31, 2009, 12:08 PM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
I am ready to upgrade to 333. Currently I have many widgets installed, ads, etc.

Will all of this automatically move to the new 333 when I activate it? Also, I tweaked some colors and got rid fo the dashed lines and resized the columns. Will all this come along as well?

If not, what will I need to change? And I guess if I screw it up--if I go back to the old version, will I still have what was in there?

Thanks for a FANTASTIC theme
Old May 31, 2009, 12:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yes, everything should be fine.I have both 333 and 332 in my themes folder and swap on occasion (for testing). You can even swap to a different theme and then back and the settings will all be there.
Old May 31, 2009, 12:57 PM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
Thanks so much. All I needed to do was copy my header images.

FWIW, I used EZ Adsenser as a widget and it did not carry over my settings, but no biggie.

I also cannot get my favicon to work. I tried copying it from my old faviocon dir to the new one in 333 and then I recreated it downloaded it, deleted it from teh 333 directory and then re-uploaded it. ANy suggestions?

And finally, on the demo of the theme, there is a widget at the upper right that has tabs (I am thinking they were for most popular, recent comments and subscribe..but I could be wrong) But how can I create that on my blog? What is the name of that widget or if it is built into the themer...where

Thanks again so much!

John
Old May 31, 2009, 03:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
tabbed widget: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tabbed-widgets/

as for the flavicon, it should work, make sure you don't have spaces in the file name - what's the url
Old May 31, 2009, 05:51 PM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
I resolved the Flavicon (or it resolved itself) and thanks for the tabbed widget--will need to play with it for a little. Tried it a little bit but need to see if I can get it looking right and so forth.

One (hopefully final) question....

I have the general settings (under READING) to display 8 posts on the first page (max) and it does 8.

In the Atahualpa settings POSTS/EXCERPTS I have it set to EXCERPTS ONLY and then Show first 5 posts as full posts. The rest is only excerpts. It worked on the last revision but not this time around. I am looking to display 8 posts on the main page and the first 5 are full posts and the remaining three are excerpts.

Any clue?

http://www.eyeonannapolis.net

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You have a plugin KonaFilter that is causing the problem
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:25 AM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
I am unaware fo a KonaFilter....is it another name?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 01:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm just going from what's in the generated source for the page. Basically it's one of the plugins you have active. I think it is the KONTERA plugin - deactivate it and see
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:21 AM
ldsmedia

69 posts · May 2009
Ohio USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ldsmedia
Although this is a different question, since it kind of fits in with the main theme I will ask it here first.
I am currently running 3.2 but I thought I had uploaded 3.3.3 I uploaded 3.3.3. again today, but I do not see a way to activate it.

My admin panel still shows 3.2 and when I click to activate Atahualpa it is still the 3.2 version. Any ideas of what may be going on?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 06:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ldsmedia
you switch themes in the wordpress dashboard. Go to Dashboard->Appearances->Themes and pick the theme you want and activate it.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:30 AM
ldsmedia

69 posts · May 2009
Ohio USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ldsmedia
Well WP has kind of moved the activate link which of course, created some confusion for me when I first activated Atahualpa the first time. The problem was I didn't notice that the options for 3.2 and 333 were right next to each other. I thought it would automatically activate the new theme since I had already activated the old version.

Just a little newbie confusion. I hope someone else may find this helpful.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:01 AM
Qtip

1 posts · Jun 2009
Charlotte, NC
I have been reading for a few days trying to figure out how to upgrade from Atahualpa 3.2 to 3.3.3, but haven't been able to find instructions that work for me. I already have 3.2 activated so there is no other option (as best I can tell) for upgrading to 3.3.3.

I have uploaded it to my server and can see the files there, but have no link to it in my Wordpress dashboard. The only version of the theme I see there is the 3.2 which is listed as the current theme. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I absolutely love this theme and it's versatility. I am looking forward to discovering what else I can do with it.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 06:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Here is what I did. Name the Atahualpa 333 folder 'atahualpa333'. Put this folder in your site's themes folder (.../wp-content/themes/). Now go into the WordPress Dashboard -> Appearances -> Themes and you should see multiple themes called Atahualpa and one should have the description starting with:
Atahualpa
Version 3.3.3 - Build your own unique, professional and browser-safe WordPress theme...

Now select it and activate it, that's it, your done.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 07:10 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I've customized a lot of the 3.3.2 files like functions.php and bfa_header_config.php. If I simply replace the 3.3.3 files of those names with my old ones, will that work, or will I be negating something new and important in the new theme version?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 06:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you will run into problems. I just did a 'DIFF' on both functions.php and bfa_header_config.php (32 VRS 333) and there are coding changes in both.