Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Modifying Post Titles

Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:27 PM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
[SOLVED] Modifying Post Titles

I am trying to modify a title of a post for a trip.

The existing title is: Annapolis Weekend -- October 23-25, 2009

I want to change it to: <strike>Annapolis Weekend -- October 23-25, 2009</strike> SOLD OUT!

When I changed it in the original post, it shows on the back end but not on the site. I came here and saw another post saying that you need to modify it in the Atahualpa Post Options. I tried that and it did not work.

Here is a screen shot and the URL: http://www.singleparenttravel.net/20...er-23-25-2009/

ANy help is appreciated

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Atahualpaissue.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	259  
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
At the website I see the strike thru the title (see attachment) Isn't that what you want?
Did you clear your cache?)
Click image for larger version

Name:	strike.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	260
Old Sep 21, 2009, 07:09 PM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
I did not clear the cache. I guess that was it! Doh! But to accomplish that, I need to do it via the Atahualpa options and not in the main title?

And out of curiosity, the attachment you posted here? Did it render for you looking like that with all the ski pictures and so forth? If so, I have an issue!

EDIT: OK I cleared Cache and I am still not seeing the strike. I looked at it in IE as well as Firefox. I am taking your word it is there, but any suggestions as to why I can;t see it?

Last edited by jfrenaye; Sep 21, 2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 04:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I see the title with the strike in Safari and Firefox (on the Mac) and IE8
one thing I did notice is that <strike> has been depreciated and it is suggested to use <del> instead - see http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_strike.asp

Are you using any caching plugins WP?

Yes I do see the ski pictures in all three browsers, the pictures are in the post as
http://www.singleparenttravel.net/20...-feb-5-8-2009/
Old Sep 22, 2009, 06:43 AM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
Damn. There was a GREAT plug in that is called THUMBNAILS FOR EXCERPTS that will take an image from the post and use it as a thumbnail in any search pages, etc. I liked it a lot but apparently it is the one causing the issue with the multi ski images when you view the post on it's own page.

But, when I look at the post on the category page for Annapolis (http://www.singleparenttravel.net/ca...trips/current/) the strike through does not show. However, it does show on the individual post page (http://www.singleparenttravel.net/20...er-23-25-2009/)

ANy suggestions? I want my readers to know that the trip is sold out from the Category page. I tried modifying the orignal title using the <del> tags and nothing
Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
check to make sure you have the <strike> (or <del>) in the Atahualpa post options
Make sure to put it in BOTH the 'Body Title Single Pages' AND 'Body Title Multi Post Pages'

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 22, 2009 at 08:28 AM.