Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Drop down menu behind post image

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:23 AM
Mosaic

4 posts · Mar 2013
Drop down menu behind post image

Please help! I'm a Montezuma newbie.

The drop down menu on my front page (www.publicrelationsonline.co.uk) goes behind the top post image if you have more than 5 pages dropping down. It's fine if there's no image, it goes straight over the text; it's also fine on all the other main navigation pages.

I can see in Appearance-Montezuma Options-CSS files there's a file that says menus.css with coding for the drop down; I've tried adding various z-index figures underneath where it says position: absolute, to no avail.

/* 2nd level: "drop down" */
.menu ul {
float: left;
height: auto;
left: -999em;
position: absolute;
}

I can also see a z-index in menu-menus1.css and I've tried changing this, to no avail.

/* The menu wrapper "bar" */
#menu1-wrapper {
z-index: 1000;
background: #ffffff;

I've tried with the normal menu and now a custom Menu 1. Can anyone help please? I've spent six hours so far trying to resolve this and am now getting frustrated. Many thanks.