Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Fixed sidebars in pages, scrollable in posts?

Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:01 AM
Innocent

92 posts · Jan 2011
WP 3.4.2 Atahualpa 3.7.9
[SOLVED] Fixed sidebars in pages, scrollable in posts?

Is that possible?

And if it is, how?

Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Not quite sure what you mean

If you have a fixed sidebar on a page and the content of the page goes below the window should the scrolling just move the center and what if you have sidebar content that goes below the bottom of the page? You would never see it.

and are you asking for the sidebar to scroll in the post but not the post?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:33 AM
Innocent

92 posts · Jan 2011
WP 3.4.2 Atahualpa 3.7.9
I would like to have 'position:fixed' sidebars in pages ('body.page'), and scrollable in blog(home page-'body.blog') and single posts ('div.post').

I don't mind the content not being visible, because I have different widgets in pages and posts, in other words, I have thought about that a lot.

Last edited by Innocent; Feb 22, 2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
so just play with different settings. The sidebars have an ID of 'left', 'left-inner', 'right-inner' and 'right' so you could use something like
HTML Code:
body.home #left {position:fixed;}
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:55 AM
Innocent

92 posts · Jan 2011
WP 3.4.2 Atahualpa 3.7.9
Oh, great, thanks a lot, I couldn't figure how to call sidebars in CSS