Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Please help! Exerpts, thumbnail settings don't work!

Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:57 PM
Jeff G

39 posts · Mar 2010
Hello,

I'm trying to make this...
http://www.fuzzpodmusic.dreamhosters.com/news/

look like this:
http://web.me.com/fuzzpodmusic/Site/News/News.html

Using:
WordPress 3.0
Atahualpa 3.5.1

For one thing, I can't figure out why the image size I enter under ATO-->Post THUMBNAIL is ignored.
It seems so straightforward: I put in 221 for "width" of thumbnail.... and nothing happens.

I put in this CSS code:

.post img.attachment-post-thumbnail {
float: left;
width: 211px;
height: auto;
margin: 0px;
padding-bottom:27px;
padding-left:0;
padding-right:27px;
position:relative;
}

which sorta gets me what I want, but it's still defaulting to a smaller thumbnail, then resizing it, so the quality is poo.

Also changed thumbnail size under Settings-->Media, but that didn't help either.

I'd also like to make the title and byline float as well, like the site I'm imitating.

Thanks! Any help very appreciated!!!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 05:58 PM
Gravity

34 posts · Sep 2009
First, make sure your Media settings in wordpress are correct (/wp-admin/options-media.php).
Then you might need to rebuild thumbnails. Use this plugin.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 03:02 PM
Jeff G

39 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks, Gravity.

I installed and ran that plugin, but nothing changed. I have my Settings-->Media --> Thumbnails set as I want them, but this does nothing. I looking at it with firebug, I see that it's first resizing them SMALLER, then sizing them back up again, so the image quality suffers.

I'm not sure whether that's what you mean by
"make sure your Media settings in wordpress are correct (/wp-admin/options-media.php)."

Is there a file I need to re-upload to reset this?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 08:59 AM
mabiak

1 posts · Jul 2010
Success!

I had the same problem. I checked my media settings to no avail, and after much hair pulling, discovered that the refresh thumbnails plug-in is operated from the tools panel and not the plug-in panel as expected. I just assumed it was running in the background.

Once I ran it, my settings in the atahualpa theme options took hold. It didn't seem to matter what I had done or have since done in the media settings.

If you're going to experiment with the refresh thumbs plug-in, I advise having a test wp site with only a few images in the library. It updates all of the images which could take a while if you have a lot of images.

Good Luck!

Last edited by mabiak; Jul 2, 2010 at 09:05 AM.