Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] What CSS Selector to Style width of one single Post

Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:23 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
I am having trouble finding the CSS selector to style just one particular post (not a page, but a post).

Based on this discussion thread : http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=14940, I have tried the following:

Code:
body.single-post div.post-447 {
width: 950px !important;
}
But this does not work. What am I doing wrong? Will appreciate any help!

Using Atahualpa 3.712 with Wordpress 3.5.2.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 01:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm sure that it is doing just what you want it to do. Try adding a border so you can see what it is doing.

Remember, the center area is based on the page width minus the size of the sidebars. Posts reside in the center area.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 10, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 09:52 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you, Juggledad. Yes, you are right. The code was working; I realized this after I tried your suggestion and also tried out the site on a smaller (ipad) screen and saw the post page keep its width. Sorry!

Thanks again for all the great help you and Larry give in this Forum -- on so many topics. I made donations to each of you today, with gratitude. Thanks again.