Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Site has vanished after upgrade

Old May 7, 2010, 05:33 AM
tcleveland

9 posts · May 2010
I'm freaking out a tad. I just did the update & now my site has disappeared. All that shows is the name. Pretty new at this so I would appreciate any help.

intentionallivingonline.com
Old May 7, 2010, 05:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
(moved to new thread)
did you do the upgrade using the Wordpress automatic upgrade process?
there has been a rash of errors doing it this way. I suspect something at your host times out during the upgrade. Copy the theme to your computer and do the upgrade manually

you can get the latest from here - http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=87

Step 0 - backup your database!!!

All your OPTIONS are saved in the DB - anything you set via the Atahualpa Theme Option.

Any change you make to a piece of code (like js.php, bfa_header_config.php) or any images you have uploaded to any of the theme folders may be overridden if you use the wordpress atuomatic update or manually ftp fhe files TO THE SAME FOLDER

This is why I manually install the theme. I create a folder with the version number (atahualpa333, atahualpa341, atahualpa346 etc) and upload the theme into it. This way, when I go to the theme picker I will have multiple versions to choose from. Then I can switch back and forth till I'm satisfied, then I delete the old folder.

NOTE: If you do it this way, and have used a URL in the options, you will probably have to change the url to the new name of the atahualpa folder. For example:

'background url("http://mydomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/theme/atahualpa333/image/header/image1.jpg")'

would have to be changed to

'background url("http://mydomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/theme/atahualpa346/image/header/image1.jpg")'

As always, before doing an update, make sure you back things up so you can roll back to where youwere before the update in case something goes wrong.

And only update one thing at a time! (don't update wordpress, the theme, php and add 10 new plugins at the same time unless you LIKE pain)
Old May 7, 2010, 08:09 AM
tcleveland

9 posts · May 2010
uggh! This part is not as much fun...maybe I am not cut out for this.

Seems like it would be easier to copy all the material & start over.
Old May 7, 2010, 08:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
actually it's very easy, all you have to do is upload teh theme once again, to the themes folder, just doing it manually. If you want to hire me to do it, send me a PM with your phone# and if your in the US I'll call you
Old May 7, 2010, 08:24 AM
tcleveland

9 posts · May 2010
Thanks!

I have to sit with this for a bit and figure out what I want to do from here.