Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

How can I mimic a newsgroup in WP?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 14, 2010, 05:06 PM
Eric Bobrow

70 posts · Jan 2009
How can I mimic a newsgroup in WP?

After a flurry of emails from extended family members talking about our genealogy and family history, I created a mail list through my web host, and then set up a family WP site with Atahualpa.

I'd like to find a way to collect and post all the emails on the WP site, without having each one show up on the blog as a separate post. Is there a way to do that? I've experimented with using www.posterous.com to create a post from an email (it takes the email and makes a post on a site Posterous maintains, and then publishes that to other sites such as a WP blog), but would prefer something more like Google Groups or the old style newsgroups. Ideally, people could choose to get notified each time an email came in, or only once a day, or could go visit the site when they wanted to see the activity.

By the way, Posterous is pretty cool - it allows you to email almost anything to post to the site, including photos and I think video too.

I know this question does not have to do with Atahualpa per se (although I use Atahualpa on several sites including this one) but would appreciate any ideas or suggestions!